Re: [Lug-Nuts] Tekram 390F

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Sat Oct 02 1999 - 22:20:59 PDT

The Adaptec cards are always higher priced and I don't think you get
any more for the money. I suppose when you get a card for free,
you can't expect much, as with most of my Adaptec cards. The first
card my buddy from adaptec did not even have the bios support in it to
support a drive over 1 Gig. I pulled out my hair until my buddy told
me to call tech support ( a card I did not buy) and the tech man mailed
me a new bios. I do have to say the one I bought at the swap meet seems
to operating fairly well.

Oh, side note. brie.com is now a Symbios system. I just switched
over to Debian. It looks as if everything is working.

The guy at the Swap meet commented that the Initio cards work well, but
hey, he is selling them, so I take his word lightly.

brian

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/