Re: [Lug-Nuts] Yes indeed....Linux will bridge Ethernet and Token Ring

From: Adam (stini@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Oct 08 1999 - 13:09:48 PDT

> Nice work. Isn't it great the things you can do with Linux. The more you
> know, the more you can do. I am impressed you did it with 6 MB of RAM.
> In addition, you have successfully firewalled your internal network.
> Think if you used flash RAM. You could pull that hard drive out and have
> a diskless machine. I don't know how many of you have seen the WYSE
terminal
> that uses Linux. It has 8 megs of flash ram and no hard drive.

6 MB seemed to be the minimum...I couldn't even get the Boot Install disk to
load vmlinuz with just 4MB...I slipped in 2 1MB SIMMS and away it went...the
one thing I didn't mention was the machines does take Approx 15 min to
boot.... :> or longer I didn't actually time it....when it starts checking
the module dependencies it seems to hang for about 10 minutes...any other OS
and I would have rebooted...but I let it go since I had Hard Drive
activity...

Not familiar with the WYSE terminal...I will check it out

Adam

Stini@pacbell.net