Re: [lug-nuts] XSspeed!

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 13:26:24 PST

About ten months ago I dropped by their office here in downtown and
tried it out. It works pretty good as as speed goes, but latency
sucks. Personally I would go with ISDN. When I had ISDN I could crank
16.5 kbytes/sec using MLPPP with a 16C650 uart. I used a serial board
from http://www.byterunner.com

I think XS goes 256, so you could see 32 kbytes/sec with it, but IMHO
I would go ISDN. ISDN can go almost anywhere.

I remember the guy wanted to give a demo at one of the LUG meetings. If you
are interested, I could contact him and we could set up for the january
meeting.

brian

--
Brian Lavender