Re: [lug-nuts] XSspeed!

From: Scott Tyson (tysons@deepwell.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 14:29:49 PST

I'd agree with the ISDN recommendataion. I use a Netgrear RT328 ISDN
router and it is awesome. You can grab them used (with and without an
interneal hub) off of Ebay for 100-150. It does DHCP, NAT and has
firewall rules. Way better than an ISDN Modem and easy for multiple
PC's to share the link, just stuff an ethernet NIC into your box and
your ready to rock. My Linux, NT workstation and win98 boxes think they
are on a standard TCP/IP link (I have dedicated IP's) so networking
between them is a peice of cake as well. All you need is a hub/switch.
Plus netgrear gives 24x7 support for thje product :)

Pachell has dropped their ISDN prices. Roseville has not done that yet
(phukers) since DSL has come out.
I've got Roseville DSL and lets just say it doesn't get used much vs my
ISDN link to Deepwell.

Good Luck.
Scott