Re: [Lug-Nuts] newbie printing stuff

From: Daniel de Young (ddeyoung@jps.net)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 01:28:16 PST

Sounds like a case of PAM authentication (but I'm still learning :-)

If your using 'sudo' then try just a regular 'su' session.

sometimes I have to type xhost +localhost to run RedHat admin tools from
an su'd terminal window. try...

$> xhost +localhost; /usr/bin/printtool &

also try using /usr/bin/control-panel as this will launch printool.

I hope you get it running because I've had awesome luck getting windows
shared printers working with the samba package :-) I'm currently using
an HP 2000c that sits on an NT trusted multi domain environment at work
and it works perfectly (after a little tweaking!).

If that doesn't work, try the RedHat specific newsgroups or search
deja.com. I always have great luck using these resources.

Happy learning!

Daniel

--
Daniel de Young

Linux driver petition http://www.libranet.com/petition.html ------------------------------------- ********************************************************** * Sacramento Linux Users Group Mailing List * * Unsubscribe: Send a message to majordomo@saclug.org * With 'unsubscribe lug-nuts' in the body * * http://www.saclug.org