[Lug-Nuts] NICS

From: Scott Tyson (tysons@deepwell.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 17:23:49 PST

I was curious about what NICs people are running especially in a high volume server. I've got an Intel Pro 100+ but I'm becomming increasingly discouraged at the problems people have with this card either via transmit timeout errors or poor performance. I don't get any errors but performance is a concern. I've used these nics by the tgruckload at work on NT. A friend of mine replaced his with a 3COM and his Quake3/Tribes/Unreal tournament Server had noticable performance increases. Hmm.

Scott