Re: [Lug-Nuts] NICS

From: Alex Irvine (airvine@calweb.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 10:21:48 PST

>I've got an Intel Pro 100+

from the eepro100.c source on my 2.2.14 machine
The Speedo3 is very similar to other Intel network chips, that is to say

"apparently designed on a different planet".

now the be fair they do say they use them.
from http://beowulf.gsfc.nasa.gov/gsfc-hw.html
      Intel "Providence" PR440FX Motherboard with on-board Intel Fast
Ethernet.
      Two Pentium Pro CPU's running at 200 MHz
      128M of memory
      3 IDE disks

But I have liked the tulip driver and the cost of the cards is better
too
from http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/tulip.html
Most of the current Beowulf cluster at least use one channel of
Tulip-based Fast Ethernet.

I think at the installfest there should be a network card test off
here is the URL for Linux Network Drivers
http://cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/