Re: [Lug-Nuts] SHELL WARS

From: Sean-Paul Rees (sean@dreamfire.net)
Date: Sat Oct 09 1999 - 00:05:06 PDT

Brian Lavender wrote:

> Hey phantom gnu poster. Are you true gnu or are you imitation? I thought
> the original bourne shell was proprietary. And of course we know all
> the gnu tools are better than their predecessors. So, wouldn't you

Bull. The whole of Solaris (Predecessor) is better than the whole of
Linux (GNU) because:
        a) Solaris has a multithreaded kernel.
        b) Solaris has true multiprocessing, not that lame stuff that Linux
passes off as multiprocessing.
        c) Solaris handles lots of RAM better (2GB and above)
        d) It uses ufs, and only requires one partition for all your mounts,
including swap.
        e) Fully modularized.

Of course, "the whole" means kernel, tools, environment, etc.

Sean