Re: [Lug-Nuts] BOUNCE lug-nuts@cheapnet.net: Non-member submission from ["Jason Painter" <Jpainter@fppc.ca.gov>]

From: Brian Lavender (brian@brie.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 18:45:21 PST

sendmail delivers mail into procmail.

I believe procmail is short for processing mail. With
procmail you can have yourself paged, have your computer run
a program, etc when a message qualifies for a certain ruleset.

Thing is, it takes some work to understand and configure. I
second Harry's suggestion regarding the faq.

BTW, I believe Jason's flood of the list was unintentional.
I already said something to that effect, but I think excluding
him from the list would be a loss.

If anything, we probably ought to take a look at making a digest
version of the list available too.

brian

--
Brian Lavender